Saturday, March 6, 2010

D300s Build Quality

Okay, now that we have that part out of the way, let's get to the build quality.

The D300s is built like a tank, but doesn't weight like one. I wasn't able to test the weather sealing so I can't vouch for it but I am confident the D300s can take on light drizzle (light enough to make others run for cover but not heavy enough to stop a birdnut)

The ergonomics is okay. I am okay with the way the controls are situated EXCEPT for the shooting dial that I need to press a release button before I can choose between the shooting modes.

The grip's material though, doesn't really fit me well. Maybe it's just me but I don't really like the feel of the rubber.

The ports, doors and connectors are placed quite strategically EXCEPT the microphone. I took a short video and was thoroughly enjoying that the D300s can autofocus during video recording until.. I played the video back.

The mic recorded the sound of.. the lens' motor! AAHHHHH!!!!!

External mic is a must.

And now, the juicy parts.. the Image Quality and the Auto focus.. next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment